Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just starting

I have finally found time to start the Learning 2.0 program. After hearing my colleagues discuss it and discovering the potential of 2.0, I am really becoming excited.

I enjoy learning new things, whether they be work related or discovering new interests. I originally studied Web publishing at Uni and part of that course was using xml, instead of html. So it was kind of refreshing to learn that I hadn't forgotten everything that I had previously learnt. In fact it all started to come back.

I think blogging in particularly will be a great asset for the Library as it will encourage interactivity between staff and library customers. I have noticed several Libraries have used blogs to develop histories and record memories of suburbs and events. This idea is definitely something that many libraries could undertake with little cost involved, but could have a positive impact on the community. As it could reach not only library users, but more importantly non-users.

1 comment: