Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flickr

I was aware of some of the Library photo projects that currently utilise Flickr. Several of my friends have also used Flickr to upload their holiday photos. This is definitely something I will do, as I'm sure the thought of sitting through over 1000 holiday photos is daunting for even the best of friends.

Searching through Flickr I was amazed at the number of photos I found on the Lane Cove area. The photo I have linked to is from thecoveblog which shows one of the latest construction photos of the Lane Cove Library, which is where I work.

Demolition of the old building started in April 2008, with construction beginning in the May. I am not sure who is more excited, the community or the Library staff. The Library staff were able to have a closer look recently at the excavation work which is taking place at the rear of the Library. There is a small ledge, where Library staff in single file could look down into the two-storey hole. The building is certainly progressing as this photo shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment